When you visit Kuala Lumpur, there are things which you need to know in order to appreciate and enjoy your trip even more.
Kuala Lumpur: A Short Info
Considered as the capital and most populous city in Malaysia, this particular city has an estimated population, as of 2012, of about 1.6 million; it covers an area of 243 km2.
The city is known to be one of the fastest growing cities in Malaysia. It is also known as the youngest capital city in Southeast Asia which was established in the mid-1800s.
Modern Living and Traditional Culture
Copious people visit the city every year. With what the city can offer, anyone can surely have a great time. However, what makes Kuala Lumpur an interesting city is its modern living yet there has always been a trace of rich culture due to the presence of temples in the city. You may consider visiting Thean Hou Temple. Inside, you can find Buddha images and other things which manifest the respect and faith of the local people to their religion.
On the other hand, the city is also considered as the most pro high-tech business center in Asia. Modern buildings and skyscrapers have invaded the city. One of the newest airports is also found here, which offers everyday flights. This way, it has made easier for anyone to do business in the city. Indeed, the city has been invaded by modernization yet it is very evident that the local people value their tradition and culture.
Kuala Lumpur: Best Things to See and Do
When you visit Kuala Lumpur, there are wonderful and fun-filled things you can do:
1. Petronas Twin Towers – Never leave the city without seeing the world’s tallest twin structures. Standing 452 meters high, you can walk across the Skybridge situated at the 47th floor. This famous structure is the corporate office of the Petronas company and other business offices.
2. Central Market – Also known as Pasar Seni, it is home to boutiques and souvenir shops. Here, you can find various Thai products which you can purchase at reasonable prices. It has been a popular tourist destination in the city.
3. Kuala Lumpur Bird Park – This famous tourist destination is also known as Taman Burung Kuala Lumpur. It started providing entertainment to the public since 1991. It showcases 200 species of birds with its population of 3,000 birds.
4. Batu Caves – This famous destination has been attracting copious travelers and worshippers every year. It is a limestone hill which is composed of three main caves.
5. Menara KL Tower – This has been one of the most recognizable landmarks in the city. With its architectural style and designs, this famous landmark represents Malaysia’s Islamic faith.
When you travel to this particular city, you don’t have to be worried about finding a great accommodation. Hotels and apartments are all over the city, with rates that suit any type of budget.
Kuala Lumpur is indeed a perfect place to unwind and witness modern living and rich tradition and culture.